* This class is also available as a self-study package with 12 months of class access and an exam
Are you ready for the cloud? The cloud has everyone up in arms when discussing security! The benefits of the Cloud are great; however, many companies have concerns about adopting a cloud architecture due to the inherent security risks of adding this additional architectural layer. This course will provide for you what you do not find in other classes! The combination of knowledge tailored around the 6 domains in the C)CSO examination along with implementing cloud security, auditing and compliance. This is all managed by a unique delivery of the C)CSO domains along with the hands on labs needed to truly understand what is happening to your data at all the layers of the cloud stack. This is a relevant course which introduces many technologies used in the cloud from implementing a vRealize cloud to using a new key management solution from various vendors.
Virtualization Administrators, Cloud Administrators, CIO, Virtualization and Cloud Auditors, Virtualization and Cloud Compliance Officers, anyone that needs a general understanding of security in the Cloud, those seeking the CCSP Certification.
Recommended minimum one-year experience with virtualization technology or equivalent knowledge. General understanding of cloud architectures. Minimum one-year experience with general security.
At Course Completion
- To gain the knowledge needed to pass the Certified Cloud Security Officer Exam.
- To fully understand Cloud Security from a real-world view point.
- To receive the hands-on experience needed to implement Cloud Security with VMware vRealize, VMware vSphere, Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure and other products generally used in cloud implementations.
- To have a general working knowledge on what to audit in a cloud architecture.
- To know hands-on methods of auditing a cloud environment from a best practices Security view point.
- To understand how compliance is viewed and dealt with in the cloud.
Module 0 – Course Introduction
Module 1 – Cloud introduction and Design Fundamentals
- Cloud Introduction
- Including deep dive into the virtualization layer
- Cloud and Business Objectives Meet as One
- Cloud Security from A-Z
- Design Doctrines
- How do we find Trusted Cloud Services?
Module 2 – Data Security in the Cloud
- Data Life Cycle
- Data Storage Designs for the Cloud
- Strategies for Designing Data Security
- Data Discovery and Classification Technologies
- Understanding Jurisdictional Data Protection for Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
- All about Data Rights Management
- Data Retention, Deletion, and Archival Policies
- Auditability, Traceability, and Accountability of Data Events
Module 3 – The Basis for Cloud Security and surrounding Environment
- Understanding Cloud Infrastructure Components
- Analyze Risks in the Cloud Infrastructure
- Security Control Design for the Cloud
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Management for the Cloud
Module 4 – Application Security in the Cloud
- Training and Awareness for Application Security