Every day, millions of email messages are exchanged among people within and between organizations. Email has a ubiquitous presence in the lives of many, and it’s likely that email technologies will continue to evolve with the changing needs of workplaces. After all, email communication has not been replaced, or its growth slowed, as many predicted with the rise of social media and the widespread adoption of mobile technologies. Many organizations have implemented mail management systems that combine the back-end power of Microsoft® Exchange Server and the front-end intuitive user interface of Microsoft® Office Outlook®.
In this course, you will customize command sets, configure mail accounts, set global options, perform advanced searches, apply filters to intercept mail and control spam, create rules to automate many management tasks, work with calendars and contacts, manage tasks, protect data with archiving and data files, as well as share and delegate access to your workspaces. In short, you’ll work with a wide range of features and options and, in so doing, understand why Outlook is a leading personal management system.
This course builds upon the foundational knowledge presented in the Microsoft ® Office Outlook®: Part 1 course and will help you customize a communication system well-suited to your work styles. In addition, this course will help you prepare for the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certification exam for Microsoft Outlook.
This course is intended for people who have a basic understanding of Microsoft® Windows® and want to know how to use Outlook’s advanced features to manage their email communications, calendar events, contact information, search functions, and other communication tasks.
This course is also designed for students who are preparing for the Microsoft Office Specialist certification and who want to prepare for Microsoft Outlook.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have end-user skills with any current version of Windows, including being able to open and close applications, navigate basic file structures, and manage files and folders. Additionally, it will benefit you to have basic Outlook skills.
At Course Completion
In this course, you will use Outlook’s advanced features to customize and manage your email communications, including using advanced features to organize emails; managing calendar settings and options; managing contact information; scheduling tasks; and managing Outlook backups and data file settings.
- Modify messages and set global options.
- Organize, search, and manage messages.
- Manage your mailbox.
- Automate message management.
- Work with calendar settings.
- Manage contacts and groups.
- Manage activities by using tasks.
- Share workspaces with others.
- Manage Outlook data files.
- Lesson 1: Modifying Messages and Setting Global Options
- Topic A: Insert Advanced Characters and Objects
- Topic B: Modify Message Settings and Options
- Topic C: Configure Global Outlook Options
- Topic D: Customize the Outlook Interface
- Lesson 2: Organizing, Searching, and Managing Messages
- Topic A: Group and Sort Messages
- Topic B: Filter and Manage Messages
- Topic C: Search Outlook Items
- Lesson 3: Managing Your Mailbox
- Topic A: Use the Junk E-Mail Filter to Manage Messages
- Topic B: Manage Your Mailbox
- Lesson 4: Automating Message Management
- Topic A: Use Automatic Replies
- Topic B: Use the Rules Wizard to Organize Messages
- Topic C: Create and Use Quick Steps
- Lesson 5: Working with Calendar Settings
- Topic A: Set Advanced Calendar Options
- Topic B: Create and Manage Additional Calendars
- Topic C: Manage Meeting Responses
- Lesson 6: Managing Contacts
- Topic A: Import and Export Contacts
- Topic B: Use Electronic Business Cards
- Topic C: Forward Contacts
- Lesson 7: Managing Activities by Using Tasks
- Topic A: Assign and Manage Tasks
- Lesson 8: Sharing Workspaces with Others
- Topic A: Delegate Access to Outlook Folders
- Topic B: Share Your Calendar
- Topic C: Share Your Contacts
- Lesson 9: Managing Outlook Data Files
- Topic A: Use Archiving to Manage Mailbox Size
- Topic B: Back Up Outlook Items
- Topic C: Change Data File Settings
- Appendix A: Microsoft Office Outlook Exam 77-731
- Appendix B: Configuring Email Message Security Settings
Appendix C: Microsoft Outlook Common