InMicrosoft® Project® 2019 (On-Premise or Online Editions): Part 1you learned the basic features of Microsoft Project during the planning phase of a project. This course covers the advanced knowledge and skills a project manager needs to update a project plan in Project during the execution, monitoring, and controlling phases of a project. In other words, once your project plan is approved by the project sponsor, this course will enable you to manage the project so that it is completed on time, within budget, and according to scope.
Note: This course is for anyone who has Project on the desktop, regardless of whether they purchased an “on-premise” edition or subscribed to a “cloud-based” (online) edition. Most project managers and project team members use the desktop application, so that is the main focus of this course. The main features of the online app are presented in an appendix.
This course is designed for a person with an understanding of project management concepts and who is responsible for creating and maintaining project plans. Target students will be looking to acquire the advanced knowledge and skills needed to update a project plan in Microsoft Project during the execution, monitoring, and controlling phases of a project.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have basic project management knowledge and skills. Additionally, you should be able to create a new project plan, manage time in a project plan, manage tasks in a project plan, manage resources in a project plan, and share a project plan using Microsoft Project.
At Course Completion
In this course, you will maintain project plans during the execution, monitoring, and controlling phases of a project.
- You will:
- Update a project plan.
- Generate project views to manage a project.
- Create project reports to share a project’s status.
- Reuse project plan information.
- Work with multiple projects
Lesson 1:Updating a Project Plan
- Topic A:Enter Task Progress
- Topic B:Enter Overtime Work
- Topic C:Edit Tasks
- Topic D:Update Cost Rate Tables
- Topic E:Update a Baseline
Lesson 2:Viewing Project Progress
- Topic A:Use View Commands
- Topic B:Add a Custom Field
- Topic C:Create Custom Views
- Topic D:Format and Share the Timeline View
Lesson 3:Reporting on Project Progress
- Topic A:View Built-in Reports
- Topic B:Create Custom Reports
- Topic C:Create a Visual Report
Lesson 4:Reusing Project Plan Information
- Topic A:Create a Project Plan Template
- Topic B:Share Project Plan Elements with Other Plans
Lesson 5:Working with Multiple Projects
- Topic A:Share Resources
- Topic B:Link Project Plans
Appendix A:Exploring Project Management in the Cloud